2012 Workshop descriptions
- Rocket Scientist and Flight. Explore the world of flight science with the professionals at NASA and launch your own rocket.
- The Big Dig. Create your own dig and learn the concepts of paleontology and archeology. With David Wilcots – African American paleontologist and representatives from the MD Science Center.
- Building Bridge to No Where: Building Bridges with the National Building Museum and the American Society of Civil Engineers
- The Science of Superheroes – Eugene Adams, Director of Collaborative Programs at Bronx Community College and Alex Simmons the founder of the Kids' Comic con
- Slam Dunk: The Physics of Basketball: Discuss the physics behind basketball with author and Professor John Fontanella. .
- Architecture 101: Learn the concepts of symmetry and balance as you build your own special creations with students from Morgan School of Architecture.
- Mission Impossible - Cryptology Workshop with the NSA
- Shark Week in day: A speaker from the National Aquarium will introduce us to the great white!
- The Physics of Football: Learn the physics behind football with Physicist, Professor Sylvester James Gates and give it a try on our own grid iron.
- Exploring the Universe Beyond our Eyes. Search the skies with representatives of the Johns Hopkins Space Telescope Institute – What did the Hubble see anyway?
- Kinect with Microsoft: Xbox360 Exposed! – representative of Microsoft will participate in activites around gaming and the Kinect product
- The Chemistry of Cover Girl: Learn the chemistry behind creating cosmetics and/or health and beauty products. We will be joined by Nnenna Agba, from season 6 of America’s Top Model.
- Trauma 101: Amazing hands-on workshop discussing the fundamentals of surgery and the ER.
- Science Internships: A workshop focused on the role of the Department of the Army with STEM initiatives for students staffed by the Army Educational Outreach Program.
- CSI Baltimore: A workshop discussing forensic science and how crime scene investigators use various techniques. Attendees will use actual techniques to make discoveries during class.
- Alternative Fuel and Cars of the Future - BGE